By Humeyra Pamuk and Nick Tattersall ISTANBUL (Reuters) – At least one gunman shot his way into an Istanbul nightclub packed with hundreds of New Year’s revelers on Sunday, killing 35 people and wounding more than 40 in what the provincial governor described as a terrorist attack. One assailant shot a police officer and a civilian as he entered the Reina nightclub before opening fire at random inside, Istanbul Governor Vasip Sahin said at the scene. The attack again shook Turkey as it tries to recover from a failed July coup and a series of deadly bombings in cities including Istanbul and the capital Ankara, some blamed on Islamic State and others claimed by Kurdish militants.
- 2 months ago - Trump to sign measure to bolster US historically black colleges - 0 Comment
- 3 months ago - Trump picks conservative judge Gorsuch for U.S. Supreme Court | Reuters - 0 Comment
- 3 months ago - Donald Trump Is Sworn In as the 45th President of the United States - 0 Comment
- 4 months ago - Four ordered held without bail over Chicago torture shown on Facebook - 0 Comment
- 4 months ago - Trump cruises to Electoral College victory despite protests - 0 Comment