By Humeyra Pamuk and Nick Tattersall ISTANBUL (Reuters) – At least one gunman shot his way into an Istanbul nightclub packed with hundreds of New Year’s revelers on Sunday, killing 35 people and wounding more than 40 in what the provincial governor described as a terrorist attack. One assailant shot a police officer and a civilian as he entered the Reina nightclub before opening fire at random inside, Istanbul Governor Vasip Sahin said at the scene. The attack again shook Turkey as it tries to recover from a failed July coup and a series of deadly bombings in cities including Istanbul and the capital Ankara, some blamed on Islamic State and others claimed by Kurdish militants.
- 1 week ago - Four ordered held without bail over Chicago torture shown on Facebook - 0 Comment
- 3 weeks ago - At least 35 killed in New Year gun attack at Istanbul nightclub - 0 Comment
- 4 weeks ago - Trump cruises to Electoral College victory despite protests - 0 Comment
- 4 weeks ago - Truck plows into crowd at Berlin Christmas market, 12 dead - 0 Comment
- 4 weeks ago - Russian ambassador shot dead in Ankara gallery - 0 Comment